Wednesday, April 16, 2008

No guts, no glory...and living on a prayer

That was a gutsy effort. For those who watched the game and read the boxscores, one would think the Sharks dominated this game. And they did. Problem is they were down by one goal with 5 minutes left in the (dare I say season?). This victory took everything the Sharks had: Mental toughness, heart, blood, sweat, tears, hard work, guts, guts, guts..... I am so proud of this team. NO matter what happens the rest of the series or season, the Sharks have inspired me tonight. I am touched. With all the history this team had with chokes in the playoffs and the recent loss of game 3, this team passed another critical test. These boys are growing up to become men. Their resiliency was unequivocally displayed tonight before everyone's eyes.



Before the game and during the third period I prayed. I don't think there's any thing wrong with asking God. Nowhere in the Bible says you can't ask. The worst thing that could happen is that he won't give it to you. Anyways, here was my prayer: (he answered part of it)

Lord,

I know nothing is too big for you. So I’m praying. Asking. That you would help the Sharks win this game. Win this series. I know we are down right now, but God you make things happen. Your ability to influence this game is nothing to you. Please I’m asking that you would give the boys strength and courage to muster up some goals this third period.

April 15, 2008, 8:51:58 PM

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

hahaha oh ting...you inspire me in ways you can't imagine...