Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A love affair

My boy JR was benched for game 6 and came through when it mattered the most. I love you JR!!!
You knew the moment and came through.

The great traditional hockey handshake at the end of the series moved me. Owen Nolan, a fierce competitor and the ex Shark who carried/captained this team in the past played his heart out. He would embrace JR and then Nabby for what seemed an eternity. I feel for that man. It's too bad he's not on our side this year and I'm sure Doug Wilson wouldn't have minded having him on the Sharks after his performance this year. That man, like JR was built for the postseason.

What can you say about this team? Their depth of scoring came through. They had plenty of learning experiences this series. Thank you Flames for participating in the Sharks growth. Tip your hat off to Calgary. They were tough as nails, physical, and played in your face hockey. They also scared the crap out of me (and I'm sure a lot of other fans).

Just looking ahead at the remaining teams in the playoffs, with both Calgary and Anahiem eliminated, the Sharks are probably the best forechecking team left. They faced probably the most physical team of the postseason and came through. The critics should be silenced, at least in terms of their grit. The next series, our penalty killing must get better or Dallas will rip us apart. Go get em boys!!!!


Alicia Keys' song "Falling" best summarized the relationship with my Sharks during this 7 game nail biter. =)

I keep on fallin'... in--- love with you
Sometimes I love ya, sometimes you make me blue
Sometimes I feel good, At times I feel used
Lovin' you darlin', makes me so confused

How do you give me so much pleasure,
cause me so much pain,
'Cause when I
think I'm taking
more than would a fool I start
fallin' back in love with you.

2 comments:

chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chris said...

when i read that "Falling" summarized your feelings i thought "what the heck are you thinking???" but then after reading the lyrics, it was more like.. "hey that's exactly how i feel!" good call.