Friday, November 21, 2008

a post back from the summer

so I was reading some posts from my own personal blog, and I came across an entry back from July 4th.

---------

Dear Doug Wilson (General Manager of the San Jose Sharks),

I apologize to you Doug Wilson, for ever doubting your personnel decisions. If you happened to stumble over my previous post, I take back everything I said.

I commend you for being such a great GM. Yes, you probably knew Brian Campbell would not resign with the Sharks, so you probably had Plans B and C already lined up.

When Soupy finally left for Chicago on Wednesday, the very next day you signed Rob Blake from LA. Even though he's an older veteran, he can still play...and boy can he still shoot. I am so excited to see him on the powerplay on the right point firing a Joe Thorton pass on goal. I dont think we've had a harder shooter then Al Iafrate from over a decade ago. Blake is a veteran...a former Norris Trophy Winner, and he will definitely be able to teach our young defenseman. What a great signing!

But you weren't done. You knew we still needed a puck moving defenseman. So today, you went out and traded for Dan Boyle from Tampa Bay. I know you were choosing between signing him or Campbell last March, and you ultimately chose Campbell, and now he's gone, but I wont hold it against you. Everyone makes mistakes, but at least you rectified them. It's kind of hard letting go of Carle and a 1st round draft pick and a prospect, but I applaud you for filling our immediate needs on the blueline.

To me these two decisions in two days shows to me that you trust your team, and we just needed upgrades to our blueline, and boy Blake + Boyle is a definite upgrade over Carle + Campbell.

Thank you for getting rid of all my fears for next season. I am now extremely confident that we have the skills and talent to compete for the Cup once again next season.

Thank you so very much!

Your biggest fan,
Jonathan Lee

P.S. If you can sign maybe one more person...maybe a 3rd/4th liner role player, who's also a good penalty killer that would be great! As you probably remember, the Sharks couldn't kill any penalties in the playoffs last season.

2 comments:

Ting said...

this sounds like a suck up letter to santa claus

Jonathan said...

shut up ting.